ONEPLAY DVD Player
The Best Choice for DVD Playback on Linux and Windows
Fluendo DVD Player is a software application specially designed to reproduce DVD on Linux/Unix and Windows platforms, which provides end users with the high quality standards they expect from the ONEPLAY suite
Simple And Intuitive
All the features you expect from a high end DVD Player are built-in: Full DVD Playback, DVD Menu support, Fullscreen support, Dolby Digital pass-through, Dolby Digital 5.1 output and stereo downmixing support, Resume from last position support, Multiple video deinterlacing algorithms, Support for encrypted discs, etc.
Change the language of your movies right from the menu bar, or choose a your preferred language from the language preferences pane, so the player will automatically set it for you when available.
Full Subtitle Support
Support for all main subtitle and close caption formats. Choose your preferred subtitle from the menu bar, or choose a default setting from the language preferences pane.
Multiple Angle Support
Don't miss out on those special DVDs with multiple angles, with the ONEPLAY DVD Player you can choose any angle available on a multiple angle DVD disc
DVD Region settings
Change your DVD Drive's region up to 4 times
- Canada, United States; U.S. territories; Bermuda
- Western and Central Europe; Western Asia; Israel, Iran, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho; United Kingdom, Turkey, French overseas territories
- Southeast Asia; South Korea; Taiwan; Hong Kong; Macau
- Mexico, Central and South America; Caribbean; Australia; New Zealand; Oceania;
- Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Continent of Africa, Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea.
- People's Republic of China
Why do you provide RPM and DEB packages through a shell script ?
Our application uses a thirdparty security component for license management both for the trial and the full version of our DVD Player. The shell script will install several packages in the proper order.
I installed the DVD player on OpenSuse 12 and it does not start, what's happening ?
Fluendo's DVD player requires libpng12 to work properly. As distributions are slowly transitioning from libpng12 to libpng14 we are in a situation where it's hard to support every distribution. You can install libpng12 on OpenSuse as they provide a package for it and this should fix the problem.
I can't hear voices while my DVD is playing back. What's happening ?
The Fluendo DVD player is probably trying to output 5.1 audio channels to your sound card because it claimed (the sound card) that it supports it but you are probably only earing the 2 front channels. To fix that please force the DVD player into stereo downmix mode in the Audio tab of the Preferences window.
Some discs can not play with an error saying something like "Could not read NAV pack..."
This can mean different things : the disc is damaged or dirty, the DVD drive lens is damaged or dirty, or the disc uses some special protection tricks to protect from ripping programs. Please make sure your disk is clean and not scratched, try to clean your DVD drive lens (if it's not brand new) and if that still fails, please report the exact DVD title to our support form.
Does the DVD player support remote controls through LIRC ?
Almost, we've created an extensive DBUS API to remote control the DVD player. LIRC support will follow shortly.
Software support period
ONEPLAY DVD Player comes with one year of support period included in the price.
What is a support period?
It's a period of time during which you have access to newer versions of the product, including all improvements and bugfixes. You will always be able to download the latest version of all the versions released before the end date of your support period.
Can I extend support period?
Yes. The cost of extension is much less than the cost of a new product.
What happens when my support period ends?
You still have access to the latest version which has been released during the support period. However, the versions released after the support had expired will be inaccessible for you.
How much time do I have to extend my support?
You have a grace period of 183 days after your support has expired. During that time it's possible to extend it with a special discount. If you don't do it before the end of grace period, the only way to gain access to newer versions is to buy the product again for a full price.
What are the discounts for support extension?
For ONEPLAY DVD Player you have the following extensions available:
To use this product you will need:
- A computer equipped with a DVD reader.
- CPU support for SSE2 video decoding.
Is there a package for you?
We were unable to determine automatically which of our files is best for your system. Please check if your hardware architecture and operating system are present in the list below.
Any, (show all versions)
Linux debian i386
Linux debian x86_64
Linux rpm i386
Linux rpm x86_64
Linux generic i386
Linux generic x86_64
Solaris pkg i386
Linux debian i386
Linux rpm i386
Linux generic i386
Solaris pkg i386
Linux debian x86_64
Linux rpm x86_64
Linux generic x86_64
End User License Agreement
FLUENDO LICENSE AGREEMENT BY FLUENDO, USA. Inc.
IMPORTANT – READ CAREFULLY
THE FOLLOWING LICENSE AGREEMENT IS AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME AND AVAILABLE AT FLUENDO’S WEBSITE (THE “LICENSE AGREEMENT”), TOGETHER WITH FLUENDO’S SOFTWARE TERMS OF SERVICE, GOVERNS THE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLATION AND/OR USE OF ANY FLUENDO’S PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY COMPONENTS, COPIES, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, UPGRADES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF THAT MAY BE RELEASED BY FLUENDO (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SOFTWARE”) AND ANY ACCOMPANYING MANUALS, HELP FILES AND DOCUMENTATION (THE "DOCUMENTATION"), UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED LOCALLY. PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT AS BY DOWNLOADING, USING AND/OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE YOU (THE “LICENSEE”) CONSENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND/OR USE THE SOFTWARE SUBJECT TO THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO ANY APPLICABLE LAW, BEING SOLELY LIABLE FOR ANY BREACH THEREOF. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, FLUENDO DOES NOT GRANT ANY LICENSE TO YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE AND YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
BY DOWNLOADING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ALSO CERTIFY UNDER YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO BINDING AGREEMENTS, IN MOST COUNTRIES THIS MEANS THAT YOU ARE AGED 18 OR ABOVE.
THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO THE SOFTWARE FLUENDO DVD SOFTWARE CONSIDERED AS A WHOLE AND, IN PARTICULAR BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY FILE INCLUDED THEREIN WHEN FORMING PART OF THIS VERSION, AND TO ANY UPDATE, ENHANCEMENT OR FIX INCORPORATED IN THE PROGRAM.
- "Final product" means a software or hardware product in a final form of manufacturing intended for distribution to end users and in object code form and that can play back content, including downloaded or streamed content.
- "Fluendo" means Fluendo SA, whose address is at the end of this document, in person of its at-the-time legal representative.
- “You” means the individual who downloads the Software or, if the download is on behalf of a legal entity, means the legal entity on behalf of which the software is downloaded, in which case the downloader represents and warrants that he/she has the sufficient powers to act on behalf of the represented party.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS
- Subject to the Licensee’s acceptance and continued compliance with this License Agreement and with Fluendo’s Software Terms of Service as provided to the Licensee from time to time, Fluendo hereby grants the Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license to install, use or otherwise benefit from the functionality of the Software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, on a per end user basis, as agreed in Fluendo’s Software Terms of Service.
Except as expressly authorized by Fluendo in writing, it is forbidden to:
- use this software in other ways than allowed by this contract;
- tamper or interfere with the functionality, delivery or operation of the Software while using or installing it;
- sell, resell, rent, lease, distribute, transfer, assign, sublicense or otherwise deal with the Software, its components, the Documentation or any of the rights granted under this License Agreement;
- duplicate, reproduce or copy (except for reasonable backup purposes) the Software or the Documentation; or
- export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, into any country prohibited by law.
- use this software in the operation of Nuclear facilities, in aircraft navigation, in aircraft communication, in aircraft flight control, in aircraft traffic control systems or in other devices or systems in which serious injury or death to the operator of the device or system, or to others due to a malfunction (including, without limitation, software related delay or failure) could reasonably be foreseen;
- unless the software is explicitly licensed for the use with such plaftorm(s), use this Final Product on non-PC devices like tablets, pda, portable players and other embedded devices.
- It is prohibited to modify, remove, suppress, or in any other way make inconspicuous the copyright, digital fingerprints, watermarks, identification labels, legal notices contained within the Software or other technical protection devices or data identifying Fluendo’s or its licensors rights in the Software, its files or its components.
- No right is granted herein to any third party to use the Software, to the Licensee to use the Software for any third party, or to the Licensee to utilize the Software for any purpose whatsoever not described herein.
- Save for the right to use the Software and the Documentation expressly provided for in this License Agreement, the Licensee agrees and acknowledges that all title to and rights in the Software, its components, structure, databases, source code or design, and in the Documentation, including without limitation all copyright trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and all other intellectual or industrial property rights and other confidential or proprietary information contained therein remain the property of Fluendo or its licensors.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND PROVIDED THAT LIABILITY
SHALL NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED IN RESPECT OF MALICIOUS INTENT OR GROSS
NEGLIGENCE, FLUENDO HEREBY EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF:
- ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF A FLUENDO REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS.
DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- THE CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ITS NATURE OR ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS THEREIN) AND/OR ANY OTHER DATA, IMAGES, VIDEOS OR SOUNDS WHATSOEVER THAT THE LICENSEE MAY ACCESS OR TRANSMIT USING THE SOFTWARE;
- LIABILITY TO ANY EMPLOYER, PRINCIPAL, CLIENT, LESSOR OR PROVIDER OF COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, ARISING OUT OF THE INSTALLATION OF OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE;
- ANY CHARGES WHICH THE LICENSEE MAY INCUR TO ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICE OR NETWORK.
- FLUENDO EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS THAT MAY BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE SOFTWARE, OR YOUR USE THEREOF.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FLUENDO’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED IN ANY CASE TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY, OR, IF HIGHER, TO THE MINIMUM AMOUNT STIPULATED BY A COMPULSORY LAW.
- BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, USING OR UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, THE LICENSEE HEREBY AGREES TO, AT ITS OWN EXPENSE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS FLUENDO, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES, OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO (I) ANY BREACH BY THE LICENSEE OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT; OR (II) THE LICENSEE’S DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION, USE OR UNINSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE.
- This grant of license begins upon acceptance by the Licensee, either expressly or through use or possession of the Software, and shall continue until terminated as provided in this License Agreement or in Fluendo’s Software Terms of Service.
- The Licensee may terminate this License Agreement at any time by uninstalling the Software and destroying all copies of the Software. Upon any termination, the Licensee agrees to uninstall the Software and return or destroy all copies of the Software, the Documentation, and all other associated materials.
- The Licensee’s failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this License Agreement or of the Terms of Service terminates the Licensee’s right to use the Software and/or the Documentation, and the Licensee will not receive a refund.
- This License Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Licensee and Fluendo with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, negotiations, representations of any kind and proposals, written and oral, relating to its subject matter.
- If any provision of this License Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this License Agreement and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- All notices given by either party to the other pursuant to this License Agreement shall be in writing and delivered at its principal place of business by fax or delivery service (in either case with acknowledgement of receipt).
- The waiver or failure of Fluendo to exercise in any respect any rights provided for in this License Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of any actual or further right under this License Agreement.
- The Software could contain, rely upon, depend on, interact with, link to Free and Open Source Software (“FOSS”), Insofar as said FOSS is concerned and where locally specified, the terms of the FOSS license prevail. If You or any third party find any inconsistency, lack of clarity, or any contradiction to the applicable FOSS license, and/or if You or any third party want to exercise your or its rights under it, you or said party is invited to write to FOSSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- This License Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Spain, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of Barcelona in connection with all matters arising under this License Agreement.
Fluendo USA, Inc.
EIN Number: 33-1220636
14 Penn Plaza
225 West 34th street
9th Floor Virgo Business Center
New York, NY 10122, USA
+1 212 601 2894
With respect to Windows Media Plug-Ins
This product includes technology developed and owned by Microsoft and protected by certain intellectual property rights of Microsoft. Use or distribution of such technology outside of the plug-ins is prohibited without a license of Microsoft. Microsoft is the sole owner of any trademark related with such technology (i.e. Windows Media, Microsoft, etc.).
Microsoft technology is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction. In complying with U.S. export regulations and its amendments distribution limitations to the plug-ins may be placed in Fluendo’s website from time to time.
With respect to MP3
All user manuals, data sheets, application notes, associated documentation and the like relating to MP3 Plugin shall bear this language:
“MPEG Layer-3 audio decoding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson”
This product cannot be installed in product other than Personal Computers sold for general purpose usage, and not for set-top boxes, embedded PC, PC which are sold and customized for mainly audio or multimedia playback and/or registration, unless the seller has received a license by Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson and pays the relevant royalties to them.
With respect to MPEG-2
“USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN ANY MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG-2 STANDARD IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE PATENTS IN THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C., 250 STEELE STREET, SUITE 300, DENVER, COLORADO 80206.”
With respect to AVC (h.264)
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD ("AVC VIDEO") AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM
With respect to MPEG 4 Visual patent portfolio
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE MPEG-4 VISUAL PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER FOR (i) ENCODING VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE MPEG-4 VISUAL STANDARD ("MPEG-4 VIDEO") AND/OR (ii) DECODING MPEG-4 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED BY MPEG LA TO PROVIDE MPEG-4 VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING THAT RELATING TO PROMOTIONAL, INTERNAL AND COMMERCIAL USES AND LICENSING MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, LLC. SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.
With respect to AC3 Audio Dolby Digital
"Dolby" and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Confidential unpublished works. Copyright 1992–1997 Dolby Laboratories. All rights reserved.